Danspace Project is currently looking to hire one Box Office Manager to begin January 2018.
Danspace Project’s mission is to present new work in dance, support a diverse range of choreographers in developing their work, encourage experimentation, and connect artists
to audiences. In the curatorial process, a balance of perspectives is sought across considerations of issues of race, sexuality, class, and ethnicity; aesthetic investigations across dance histories, genres and forms; and relevance to DSP’s institutional history and memory. Danspace Project’s long-held commitment to developing and presenting new work, and to taking risks by supporting emerging artists, ensures a constant flow of new artistic ideas that all members of the staff are asked to engage in and support.
The Box Office Manager is a part-time, seasonal (Sept – June) position. It is a shared, shift-based position for three employees. Shifts are set based on the performance schedule pending mutual agreement between Danspace and the Box Office Managers via a scheduling meeting that occurs at the beginning of every season (Fall, Winter and Spring).
MAIN DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Pre-show preparation including typing reservations into OvationTix, preparing reservation list, and setting up box office area in the lobby
- Welcome patrons and sell tickets (including handling cash)
- Work with House Manager and other Danspace staff to help manage waitlist, late seating, and other issues with entry/exit to the house
- Post-show box office reconciliation and clean-up
- The ideal candidate would have experience in box office management, or other hospitality/retail experience involving customer service and handling payments and reconciliations. The ability to be efficient and accurate while maintaining a friendly demeanor is essential to the job.
- Interest and familiarity with Danspace Project’s programming and unique home venue, St. Mark’s Church in the Bowery, is a plus.
- Starting rate $16/hr; 4/hr shift minimum with shifts generally 6p-10p Th/Fr/Sat, average of 4 shifts per month.
- Please send email inquiries, cover letter, and resume with references to Lydia Bell, Program Director at email@example.com, cc-ing Jodi Bender, Dir. Of Finance and Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org, by November 30, 2017
Danspace Project is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No individual will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, veteran status, age or disability.
Danspace Project, 131 East 10th Street, New York, NY 10003