The Yard, a non-profit contemporary artist residency and dance performance center on Martha's Vineyard, in Chilmark, MA, under the leadership of Artistic and Executive Director David R. White, is looking for five summer interns for our 2014 Performance Season. The internship focuses both on the administrative facets of an art non-profit as well as an opportunity for skilled dancers to partake in performance and choreographic experiences. The successful candidate should expect to be involved in all aspects of arts management with focus on their individual areas of interest/expertise throughout the summer season.
As a 2014 Yard Intern here is what you can expect to do:
- Learn the ins and outs of arts management, new work residencies and artist theatrical production in a hands-on environment
- Join an experienced team of artist-administrators who care passionately about nurturing the work of significant artists as well as deeply engaging those artists in the life of the Vineyard community
- Experience all performances at The Yard, artist Q&A's, community dance classes, and more
- Receive professional advancement training and recommendations for future career paths
- Multiple professional performance and choreographic opportunities throughout the summer season
- Gain a broad perspective on the performing arts field
- Live in a community of artists in shared on campus housing with laundry and full kitchen facilities
- Monday-Friday dance technique classes
- Monday-Sunday Yoga classes
- One day off a week
- Mentorship from Executive/Artistic Director, Senior Staff, and Resident Artists
- Receive the following benefits: $1,250 Stipend, and up to $150 travel reimbursement and farm shares from local farms
- Beach passes to famed Martha's Vineyard beaches
Community Programs & General Management
Marketing, Media & Communications
If you intern at The Yard you will have the opportunity to meet and work with artists like...
Michelle Dorrance & DorranceDance
Camille A. Brown & Dancers (CABD)
Some of the 2013 artists included...
doug elkins choreography, etc.
Yard interns have numerous community and theater performance opportunities throughout the season...
Throughout the summer you will take class with visiting artists and faculty teachers in numerous styles and techniques...
At The Yard you'll work hard and play hard in one of the most beautiful places to spend a summer...
For More Info, Application, & How To Apply click
All applications due to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15th
Applications are reviewed in the order that they are received