is delighted to announce the Creation of the
UBW Choreographic Center
"I want to have a place where a choreographer can delve into subject matters at all levels of skill and investigation and exploration"
- A quote by Jawole Willa Jo Zollar from Legacy, Lineage and Liberation of The Pelvis: An Interview with Jawole Willa Jo Zollar on UBW's New Choreographic Center by Talvin Wilks. Find full article on website HERE
Urban Bush Women (UBW) Choreographic Center will support the development of women choreographers of color and other under-heard voices through a two-pronged approach: supporting the individual choreographer and bringing about systemic change in the field of dance.
The UBW Choreographic Center is an extension of the UBW mission and will be rooted in UBW core values. We have identified several areas the organization is best equipped to intervene to improve the working conditions of women of color choreographers and other under-heard voices which include:
- Peer and mentor based reflection and learning communities
- Research and development residencies to advance the creation of new work
- Advocacy and influence to enhance exposure and connection to the field
- Contextual support
- Curriculum development for experimental choreography rooted in identity, culture and issue/social justice based origins
- Platforms for dialogue, reflection and presentation
For more information please contact Lai-Lin Robinson, UBW Choreographic Center Program Coordinator at email@example.com
VISIT CHOREOGRAPHIC CENTER WEBSITE HERE