Designed to give creators of dance, theater and performance works, who have no more than three years of experience showing their work in New York City, an opportunity to show work and to facilitate networking opportunities that pave the way for fruitful artistic careers.
Originally the brain-child of Shannon Hummel (former BAX Artist In Residence), the festival is currently curated by dance/video artist and former BAX Artist In Residence Jillian Peña and Founding & Executive Director, Marya Warshaw.
NEW TO 2016:
Additional developmental support through artists showings and feedback will be available to participating artists to enhance roundtable discussions and support resources for artists and their work.
Application must be submitted electronically no later than Monday October 5, 2015 at 5:00PM.
Applicants must have produced work in New York 3 years or less.
- The application requires a 5 minute work sample uploaded to Vimeo or YouTube. We require that the sample be of the work you are submitting. While work sample is five minutes in length, the work performed may be up to 12 minutes.
- Please note that the most successful applications include a work sample that is simple, clear & unedited. Rehearsal footage is preferable to footage shot from a long distance where the work and intent is less clear. Include title, year created, venue produced/presented in, and any funding credits.
- There will be a MANDATORY ROUNDTABLE on Monday, November 16, 2015 from 7-9 p.m.
- Performances are Friday-Saturday, February 19-20, 2016.
- Work will be selected for only ONE performance.
- Notification will be on or before October 16, 2015.
- Artists will receive a $75 stipend and 2 hours of free rehearsal space.