The Erasing Borders Dance Festival of The Indo-American Arts Council (IAAC) invites applications from dancers, dance companies and choreographers across the world to present works of artistic excellence sharing movement, heritage and inspiration from the Indian subcontinent. The festival is curated for the New York City public.
Deadline for applications: March 10th 2019
Festival date: Late September 2019
We are looking for:
- Exciting works and new voices from within traditional Indian dance.
- Original works in multiple or new vocabularies and forms deriving from or relating to the traditions of Indian dance.
- Works that are challenging or critically thinking on their own terms.
- Completed Application Form, which will include a place for you to send us a link to the performance piece you want to showcase at the festival.
- Video: Applicants need to submit the entire video recording of the proposed works (not excerpts or sampling of past works).
- Only professional level performances will be considered for the festival.
- Non-refundable application fee of $20.
Only digital applications will be accepted:
- First, review the Curatorial Guidelines we have compiled. These guidelines will help you submit a strong application which catches the eye and interest of our curators.
- Next, complete your application form. Bear in mind that you will not be able to save your application and come back to it later. So, it is recommended that you first draft your answers in a separate document, and then enter them on this online form in one sitting.
- Pay your $20 application fee through PayPal (using any credit card) Click here >>
- If you have any questions, check the Frequently Asked Question (FAQ). We keep updating this FAQ as new questions are received. If the FAQ does not address your questions, you can email us via this Inquiry form. Please note that we will only respond to questions that have not been addressed in the FAQ, so make sure to check the FAQ first!
- New policy due to unforeseen circumstances: Invited dancers are requested to organize their own visas and airfares to the Erasing Borders Festival of Indian Dance 2019.