Levi Gonzalez. We will miss him dearly!
Upon Levi's departure, Movement Research is hiring a Managing Director. Please spread the word to anyone you think may be interested in and qualified for the position outlined below. Training for the position will start July 18, with a start date of September 6.
Barbara Bryan, Executive Director
The Managing Director role at Movement Research oversees program implementation and administrative operations of the organization. The Managing Director reports to the Executive Director. The position manages a team of Movement Research staff to ensure effective administration of programs and clear interdepartmental communications; and to troubleshoot day-to-day administrative and programmatic needs.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please address cover letter to Movement Research Executive Director Barbara Bryan. Please include a list of 2-3 references.
Interviews will begin on June 13, 2016, and we will make our decision as quickly as possible. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- Training starts July 18, 2016.
- Start date is September 6, 2016.
- 52 week/year, 30 hour/week position
- Compensation is $39,000/year
- Employee contribution 403(b) plan is available
- Employee receives free classes and workshops
- Schedule is anticipated to be 6 hours per day, 5 days per week
- Some work on weekends and evenings is required
- Minimum 5 years experience in Nonprofit Arts Administration
- Experience in managing personnel
- Ability to work productively in a collaborative team environment
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Reliable and self-motivated
- An acute attention to detail
- Ability to manage a high volume of projects
- Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Experience with database programs (FileMaker Pro ideal)
Responsibilities of the position include:
Management of staff
- Oversees non-director staff of 4 part-time employees and 3 events coordinators
Management of Internship Program
- oversees internship program of 12-16 interns
- manages intern search and hiring process
- manages partnerships with universities and colleges that participate in the internship program
Oversight of interdepartmental communications- manages interdepartmental communications between programming staff, marketing staff, facilities staff
- oversees integration of programming and marketing
- creates and oversees schedules, timelines and deadlines
Oversight of Facilities Management
- oversees facilities usage in relationship to programs
- maintains relationships with current facilities partners
- develops relationships with new facilities partners
Oversight of program implementation- manages program budgets
- oversees preparation of artists contracts
- oversees programming staff
- oversees application processes including MR at Judson Church performances, MR - Artist-in-Residence program, Open Performance
Additional responsibilities include:- assisting ED on planning and preparation of annual Spring gala
- supporting ED in design of new programs and evaluation of existing programs
Specific responsibilities by program include:
Classes & Workshops & MELT Intensives- prepares reports and assesses class attendance/workshop registration
- communicates with faculty including organizing faculty meetings, performing one-on-one faculty check-ins,
- overseeing communications with faculty around payment and opportunities beyond MR.
Artists-in-Residence program- reports to ED on AIR activities with support from Programs Manager
- manages organizational partnerships and coordinates with local, national and international partners on AIR activities
Performances/Events (MR at Judson Church, Studies Project, Open Performance)
- manages partnerships with event venues
- oversees coordinators for Judson, OP and Studies Projects
Fall & Spring Festivals
- works with curators and Program Manager in festival implementation
- oversees festival budgets
Subsidized Rehearsal Space Program- oversees program implementation
- analyzes reports on studio usage and capacity
- manages partnerships with spaces
MR Publishing- oversees integration of publishing with administrative staff including programming and marketing.