Executive Associate to the President and CEO / Programs Assistant In this position, the Executive Associate to the CEO / Programs Assistant will be responsible for managing all Executive affairs. Serves as an administrative management and leadership resource and enhances the President and CEO’s effectiveness by providing information-management support and coordinating the work and schedule of the CEO. Assists with the Annual International Conference and Festival planning and implementation process along with Special Projects.
Salary and Benefits:
- This is a full time position; some weekends and travel may apply.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Paid vacation, sick-leave, and holidays. While the association is not currently able to provide Health Care (Medical/Dental/Life insurance) benefits, it is our goal to be able to do so in the near future.
- Attendance to the Annual International Conference and Festival of Blacks in Dance.
- We offer a small, friendly, dynamic atmosphere and are three blocks from the Metro station in Columbia Heights.
- Cover Letter expressing interest and salary history
- Writing sample
Nonprofit Arts Administration Fellowship Program The International Association of Blacks in Dance (IABD) offers a unique opportunity and experience to assist with the development and growth of this one-of-a-kind service organization. IABD seeks qualified undergraduate students, graduate students, and recent graduates interested in gaining Arts Administration experience.
Fellowships/Internships are currently available in these areas of concentration: Archives, Development, General Management, Marketing/Social Media, Special Events. Participants will get a broad view of the overall workings of the organization through their involvement with various special projects and day-to-day operations assignments. These individuals will work directly with the President/CEO and IABD staff. Fellows/Interns will also interface with the staff of the Dance Institute of Washington.
Fellows are a part-time, paid opportunity, receiving a stipend. Intern positions are a part-time, unpaid opportunity. This is a 20-24 hours per week during regular business hours (Monday through Friday, 10:00AM - 6:00 PM) fellowship/internship. Some weekends and travel may apply. Applicants interested in the IABD Nonprofit Arts Administration Fellowship Program must submit the following materials:
- Completed Application Form
- Cover Letter expressing interest
- One Letter of Recommendation
The International Association of Blacks in Dance, Inc., is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and welcomes all to apply.