The Scholar will be present online and/or in-person at Chapin for a maximum of 8 hours weekly from September 2020 through May 2021 as structured between the Scholar and appropriate department chairs. Through the duration of their tenure the Scholar will receive a $25,000 stipend for their work, dedicated physical workspace if on site, a laptop computer, and a Chapin email address.
We seek Scholars currently associated with a higher ed program and with expertise in any of the following disciplines, in any combination:
- Black/African Diaspora History
- Black/African Diaspora Literature
- Black/African Diaspora Visual or Performing Art
- Black/African Diaspora Politics and Citizenship
- Black/African Diaspora Gender and Sexuality