January 31 - February 9
An epic journey where you will engage in intimate conversations, enjoy local guest artist performances, and immerse yourself in this durational dance-theater work that explores disquieting ideas of beauty, identity, and race through the lens of hair.
Come early! The lobby will open at 7PM with an art installation from Sophia Dawson and Delphine Fawundu, and guest performances, story-sharing, and other activities from the following artists:
- Noted painter, lyricist, and master barber Greg Purnell (1/31 & 2/2)
- Drummer, educator, and author Shirazette Tinnin (1/31-2/2)
- Choreographer, educator, and hair artist Edisa Weeks (2/1, 2/8, 2/9)
- Singer-songwriter Pyeng Threadgill with Andy Bianco (2/7)
- Spoken word artist Nuri Hazzard (2/7-2/9)
- and more!