A vital component of our Immigrant Artist Program (IAP), the Mentoring Program pairs immigrant artists working in the performing arts, with artist mentors who provide one-on-one support, guiding participants to achieve specific goals to sustain their art practice, while navigating different cultural perspectives in the NYC art world and beyond. The Mentoring Program aims to foster a community, providing opportunities to connect with other immigrant artists through group meetings, peer learning, and informal gatherings. For more information and to apply, click here.
Call for Mentors: We are also looking for mentors for this year’s program, which is open to you, artist participated our past boot camp programs. Many mentors express how rewarding and valuable the experience is, with collaborations and exhibitions coming out of the program. NYFA appreciates having you participate as your knowledge of the New York performing and literary art scene would benefit immigrant artists in the program.
To apply as a Mentor: Please fill out this brief questionnaire - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/IAPMentor17
- Review applications to identify 3 potential mentees
- Attend the Mentor Meeting: Introductions/Expectations/Guidance/Questions on Tuesday, May 16, 6:30 - 8:00PM
- Meet with your mentee individually for at least six hours
- Attend at least 3 of the 4 Group Meetings as listed below:
- Meet the Mentors: Monday, June 26, 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Check-In: Monday, July 10, 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Check-In: Monday, August 7, 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Final Celebration: Monday, September 18, 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
We look forward to receiving your applications!