Studios at 890 Broadway open April 5 with bookings now available
Studios at 280 Broadway open May 17 with bookings available on April 5
We are thrilled to welcome renters back to Gibney this spring!
The Gibney team, in consultation with experts in the fields of medicine, operations, HVAC, and sanitation, has developed thorough safety protocols to keep staff and visitors safe. We will continually update our processes and policies according to the information made available to us by the State of New York, the CDC, and the WHO.
Additional information is available below and on our website about what we're doing to keep you safe, and what we ask of you during your visit.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Available to book now, 890 Broadway reopens on Monday, April 5. Studio capacities vary from 1 to 14 people (33% capacity) for rehearsals, classes, and workshop rentals, and 2 to 20 people (50% capacity) for photoshoots and filming.
- Available to book on April 5, 280 Broadway reopens on Monday, May 17. Studio capacities vary from 2 to 21 people (33% capacity) for rehearsals, classes, and workshop rentals, and 3 to 32 people (50% capacity) for photoshoots and filming.
- To support the dance field's re-entry to the studio, all non-profit rehearsal rentals will be available at half price until further notice. This subsidy is made possible by support from Gibney's Rebuilding Blocks Initiative.
- Limited in-person or hybrid classes will resume later this spring. Follow us on Instagram and check the class schedule to stay in the loop.
Book space today for April 5 and the following six weeks at 890 Broadway! The 280 Broadway studio space availability calendar will open on April 5 to begin booking for May 17 on a six-week, day-to-day rolling basis.
Rebuilding Block space subsidies have been made possible with lead support from Andrew A. Davis, a trustee of the Shelby Cullom Davis Charitable Fund, and the Meringoff Family Foundation with additional support provided by the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation, the Howard Gilman Foundation, Jerome Foundation, and the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
Before Your Visit...
- Review the Safety Agreements and Plan Your Visit information on our website. This webpage contains important information about what we are doing to keep you safe, and what we will require of visitors to the space.
- Check the capacity limitations and other policies and procedures we have put in place for studio rentals. Complete information is available on the Rentals section of our website.