An immersive, career-building program that places rising professional dancers in an intimate studio experience with distinguished choreographers and seasoned artistic staff.Artists in today's dance world must be more than just technicians. Beyond demonstrating skilled technique, dancers are frequently expected to contribute thoughtfully to a choreographic process, transition seamlessly between varied styles of repertoire, and possess strong partnering ability. Dancers can face challenges getting hired if they lack the business skills to communicate professionally with artistic directors, or create supporting application materials that best demonstrate their artistic strengths. ChoreoLaB hones both artistic skills and professional excellence through a holistic program, which shapes hirable, competitive in-demand dancers ready to advance their careers.
During the intimate two-week studio experience, participants will:
- Work with renowned guest choreographers Mario Alberto Zambrano, Annabelle Lopez Ochoa, and Carlos Pons Guerra as well as former artists from Batsheva, Ballet Frankfurt, Nederlands Dans Theater, and Hubbard Street Dance Chicago
- Learn excerpts of Ballet Hispánico's repertory from Company dancers and artistic staff
- Attend forums, networking events and Q&A sessions with artists in the field
- Audition in an open call for Ballet Hispánico's second company BHdos
- Receive constructive feedback and guidance from artistic leaders in the field, and more!
For further details, visit www.ballethispanico.org/classes/choreolab.