WE'RE STILL STANDING. CONTINUE TO RESIST!
Yes, 2021 dealt many blows as we continued to navigate two pandemics, but it also helped sharpen our tools of resistance. It opened up pathways of deeper understanding of ourselves and our communities. And it prepared us for the long haul and showed us how to resist! Commune with other women of color holding up the arts and holding down our communities. And in the words of poet Lucille Clifton:
"come celebrate with me
that everyday something has tried to kill me
and has failed.."
WOCA's 12th Annual Membership Meeting will be virtually held via Zoom on Sunday, February 6, 2022 from 2:00pmET/11amPT - 4:00pmET/1:00pmET.
During this once-a-year gathering, we will:
- hear from our members about some of their monumental personal and professional journeys during one of the most memorable years of the century
- honor community members, living and deceased
- share organizational highlights from 2021 (even quarantined, there were many!)
- introduce the SEVENTH cohort of our Leadership Through Mentorship Program
- outline WOCA membership benefits and the process for becoming an official member and/or renewing your membership
- unveil some special WOCA organizational developments
- and, most importantly, share space with one another
You must RSVP in order to attend this free, once-a-year convening. Please note that you do not have to be a dues-paying WOCA member in order to attend this meeting as we invite all current and prospective WOCA members* to attend. However, we do ask that you meet the basic criteria for WOCA membership which simply includes being a self-identified woman of color and working in some administrative capacity in support of the performing arts.
*Questions about membership? Please reach out to us at email@example.com.